Tuesday, November 02, 2004

We're Engaged!



He popped the question on Friday, October 29th. In the morning. Early. He woke me up gently and asked me to marry him. I don't think I answered him right away, it took me a bit before I realized what was going on (I'm not a morning person). I didn't have my contacts on and could feel that he was putting a ring on my finger. He pulled out a flashlight to shine on the ring (the room was still dark) and show me how much it sparkled! He then went on to explain the details of the diamond, its cut and about all the others he'd looked at. Leave it to an optics engineer to get into diamond shopping.

He confessed that his original plan was to wait until my birthday the following week, but he didn't have ring in hand for more than 24 hours before he couldn't hold it in long enough. :-)

Apparently find "the" ring was a bit of an endeavor. He'd been sick a few weeks back and had stayed home from work to recover, however, this was only partially true as he spent a large part of that time running around to different jewelers looking at diamonds and settings. He'd decided on the type of diamond, but was trying to come up with the accompanying setting. He finally found "the" ring and diamond at http://www.designsbycontinental.com/shop/, a shop recommended by our friends, Bryon & Dawn. He picked up the ring on the prior Thursday up in Novato, drove to my parents in South City to ask their blessing and then back to work. After work he'd agreed to help my brother by picking up his car and going down to Laguna Seca to set up in the paddock for the upcoming weekend. Poor guy what a day. He later told me he didn't sleep well that night with the anticipation (me, I had no problems) :-)

The following weekend was hectic as well .....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home